Sources of information and support for parents

If you are seeking support for yourself and your child we suggest you consider some of the following steps.

  • Discuss your concerns with the appropriate staff at your child’s school or setting.
  • Ask about available support services such as Behaviour Support, Educational Psychology, Counselling services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).
  • Talk to your GP to explore appropriate referrals.
  • Visit Information, Advice and Support Services Network to identify your local IASS (formerly Parent Partnership).
  • Visit the Young Minds website.  Young Minds offers a range of services which may be of help to you.
  • Consult MindEd for Families.


Members can access the full text of journal articles by going to Resources.

Find out about our aims and ambition

Why become a SEBDA member?


Want to make a donation?